Tuesday, August 28, 2012

HauteLook

I mentioned the website HauteLook.com in my last post. If you aren't familiar with websites like HauteLook, ideeli, and Gilt, let me introduce you!  HauteLook's website is described as so:"HauteLook is a members-only shopping website offering limited-time sale events with top brands in women's and men's fashion, jewelry and accessories," and also home goods, beauty products, children's clothes and toys, and on and on. And HauteLook is owned by Nordstrom! They have new sales daily and they last for 48 hours, or until the product sells out. And the other two sites, Gilt and ideeli, do about the same, but I only use HauteLook. The other two don't offer as many things as I would buy, mostly because they tend to be a bit more expensive. 
    They sell all types of styles, low- and high-end labels, anything from ELF Cosmetics to Jessica Simpson and Bebe to Foley & Corrina and Diane von Furstenberg, and so on... I will say, ideeli and Gilt do have Chanel and maybe some even nicer things sometimes, but like I mentioned, even on sale, I can't afford many of the prices.
     I have bought from HauteLook numerous times. I bought this classy red pea coat by the line Tulle for $28 last December, and last Wednesday, one of my favorite foundations - from Stila - was over 60% off, but I just don't NEED foundation right now, so I passed. (Plus, I saw it at the Cosmetic Market this weekend on the sale shelves, which probably means they will be doing away with that foundation all-together, so I'm sure I will have more chances to get it soon.). The GREATEST thing I ever bought from HauteLook was my Hobo clutch!! $45!!! And those typically run at least $100. HauteLook generally runs a Hobo sale at least 4-5 times a year. There are several other labels they have a sale for a few times a year. 

Here is the link if you would like to sign up:
              http://www.hautelook.com/short/3AmrD
 
    And just in case you are wondering if I spend a lot of time looking for sales and spending money, truth is, I might make a purchase 3 times a year from HauteLook,... but I do look almost daily. And I don't look at everything (on HauteLook). I take 5 minutes out to glance over the brands, and when I open one of the sales, if it isn't in my price range, I don't look. And if it's something I don't need or haven't ever wanted, passing it up is easy for me. I will say - I have found gifts I would have never thought of on there, and obviously, at great prices. Plus, you never knew when a fantastic offer that you can't pass up will come your way! 
Hope this is helpful!


Already on to the next blog post! I'm going to review using hair mascara to get the ombre look!

No comments:

Post a Comment